Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Daily Update 07/31

I HATE CONTESTS!!! I was completely right. The guy in first place wrote a bunch of articles today but I was ahead of the game and wrote the same amount of articles as he did plus one. Here's the kicker - that stupid puppet guy (dj) posted over 50 articles today. Last week, I predicted he would do something like that. I copied part of one of his articles and pasted it into Google and found that he has a blog with over 1,000 articles published on it. Apparently, he's been deleting articles off of his blog and publishing them on InfoBarrel. The articles he's publishing are over 2 years old and, frankly, they suck. Plus, no one has a chance at the contest. He's won the contest for the past two months in a row and now it looks like he's going to win the contest again. I could just scream. No matter how many articles I'm going to post, he'll post more. Every. Single. Month. It's crazy.

Anyways, I'm sitting here trying to come up with my next plan of action. I have an hour and a half before the contest ends. I could find some ezines and throw them into The Best Spinner and post them and then edit them tomorrow. I did that two years ago when I was trying to win the contest. I ended up rewriting the articles later and they do make me some money. I'm just afraid that whatever I post, dj is waiting and will post even more. It's a losing battle. I should just go to bed and start fresh tomorrow.

Update: Shorty after I wrote the above post, I realized that dj stopped posting articles so I calculated how many points he would have. I realized that I would only need 4 more articles to beat him so I went ahead and found four 1,000 word articles, spun them, edited them so they are readable and posted them. All in an hour. I sure hope my calculations are correct because I should be one point ahead of dj in the points. If I did calculate wrong and I didn't win, at least I tried my hardest and didn't give up.

This weekend will be spent rewriting those four articles. They aren't bad - actually, they are better than dj's articles - but I think I should rework them and add in some Amazon links and some pictures. I'm afraid the articles aren't very unique so I want to make sure they would pass Copyscape.

I'm taking tomorrow (err..today) off because my grandma is coming to spend the night. I don't get to see her very often now that she lives in a senior apartment building so I want to spend as much time with her as I can. I'll probably post another update on Saturday.

Another Update: As I was finish the second part of this post, the contest updated. I did miscalculate the contest and I lost by 3 points. I have to keep reminding myself that all that hard work wasn't for the contest. It was so I can have the lifestyle I want through a passive income. That's the important thing. Building a passive income. A contest is a stupid thing that just drove me crazy, stressed me out and lowered the quality of my work. As long as I keep writing articles, I will eventually win a contest. The first time I tried to win a contest, I came in 3rd. This time I came in 2nd. Next time I will be 1st. I will take this weekend off to relax and destress and will come back fighting hard on Monday.