Sunday, August 5, 2012

Daily Update 08/05

I tried to take the weekend off but it was too hard to stay away. I created folders for each week in August and added 100 folders for each week. I labeled the folders with the name of the article. I ran out of article ideas with about 250 articles left so I had to do some keyword research for those last 250 articles. I'm going to do a combination of Halloween and fall articles for the last week of August. Hopefully they will have matured enough by Halloween to start making money.

Yesterday, I created two Squidoo lenses and started on a 3rd lens. I'm still not sure how I feel about Squidoo. I like that there is very little writing involved. I just have to write a short intro and then write a sentence or two for each module I decide to use. I'm not sure how well my lenses are going to rank being as they are so short. I'm also worried about the work in progress thing. If your lenses haven't been updated or aren't ranking, they fall into a work in progress state which means that they won't be ranked at all and won't make any money. I don't really have the time to be updating my lenses very often. Anyways, I'll see how these three lenses rank this month and then make more if they rank well.

Today, I worked on writing introductions for my InfoBarrel articles. I'm going to try to get all of the introductions written and the research done for all 400 articles by Monday of next week. This means that I'll have to write 50 intros a day which is totally doable. After that, I will have the next three weeks to write 400 articles. Since I will have all of the intros and research done, they shouldn't be very hard to write. If I write and post 25 articles a day, I'll get them all done by the end of the month.

So that's the plan for this month. I'll try to post another update tomorrow night and let y'all know how it's going.