Sunday, November 21, 2010

My First Order on Amazon!

I woke up this morning and checked my Adsense, expecting another click, like I do every morning but there was a big fat zero. So I went to check Amazon and there it was. Someone ordered something using my referral link! I couldn't believe it. I immediately went to see what they ordered. It was a sewing machine that was only $20 but I should still get 80 cents (if my math is right). I'm thrilled and I hope I see more orders soon. Maybe I should write some articles on expensive items instead of cheap items;)

How is my Adsense going? It is going great! I've had at least one click every day this week even though I'm only on track to make what I made last month (unless I get some really high clicks). I'm currently at $7.28 for this month. I'm up to 65 articles.

I got accepted to Chikita last month so this was my first full month with Chikita. I have had two clicks for a total of 19 cents. Both clicks came from the bottom ad block. This means that people are reading all the way through my articles which is great but it makes them less likely to click on the Adsense ads. After I get to 150 articles, I'll experiment with some shorter articles.

How's the contest going? The contest is going okay. I'm working my butt off trying to get caught up. I took a day off to do homework and fell behind. I'm almost back into first. I just have to keep writing the same amount of articles as the first place person and try to do one or two more each day. You are probably wondering how I'm writing so many articles each day? I've decided to stop doing keyword research and SEO until December. I pick a topic and I search for it on Ezine Articles. I choose three articles about that topic and I quickly read through them. I close them and open a word processor and start typing. I type the article based on what I had just read. I can get an article out in an hour this way. Before it would take me at least two hours to research and type out the article. That time doesn't include the time it took to find the pictures and add links. I don't really expect to make much money off these articles but winning the $100 Amazon gift card and getting 50 achievement points for winning a contest would really be awesome.

I'm going to be really busy this week. My professors apparently don't care about Thanksgiving and they piled on a ton of homework this week. I'm going to my aunt's house in Iowa for Thanksgiving so I have to get all my homework done by Wednesday. My aunt doesn't have Internet. It's going to be crazy. I'm still going to keep writing articles for the contest. On Thanksgiving, I'll write articles on my laptop and just save them on my computer. I'll have to wait until I get home on Friday before I can post them. I'm getting stressed just thinking about all the stuff I have to remember to do. I probably won't update the blog until after I get back next weekend. I hope everyone has a happy Thanksgiving and a wonderful Black Friday!